S9 Antennas S9V43 - Open Box
The S9v43' is a heavy-duty, telescoping, self-supporting fiberglass vertical antenna that is designed for use from 80 through 6 meters. This antenna is just under 42' tall and shares the same 50 OHM resonant frequency of 5.44 MHz as some traditional 43' telescoping aluminum verticals. The S9v43' weighs just under 9 pounds making it the lightest vertical in the market.
The S9v43' needs to be ground-mounted using a 54 inch long 1-1/2" standard galvanized plumbing pipe. The base tube simply slips over the pipe for a quick and easy deployment. (A mechanical connection from the antenna base tube to the pipe is neither required nor desired.) Included with the S9v43' is a stainless steel pipe mount clamp to keep the base of the antenna off of the ground. For optimum performance, the S9v43' should be used with at least 16 radials (32 preferred), with each radial at least 0.2 wavelength at the lowest operating frequency.
- Weighs Under 9 Pounds - Fast and Simple Deployment
- Covers 80 - 6 Meters
- 160 Meter Coverage with Optional Coil
- Legal Limit Power Rating
- Telescoping Fiberglass with Stainless Steel Screws
- No Expensive Mount to Buy
- Includes Stainless Steel Pipe Mount Clamp
- No Lossy Traps or Coils
- Collapses to 58"
- Unique, Double Insulated Design - Safe for Children and Pets