The ChipKIT Pi can interface directly to the Raspberry Pi I/O Expansion header without any additional components, reducing both cost and design complexity. Users can also tap into the large repository of available Arduino tutorials, reference materials, curriculum and more to create a diverse array of designs.
Designed created using the Raspberry PI and Chipkit Pi can then be run independently on the chipKit Pi without the Raspberry PI being attached.
- Designed exclusively for the Raspberry Pi and Arduino ecosystems
- Features a Microchip 32-bit PIC32 microcontroller (MCU) in a prototyping-friendly, low pin count SPDIP package
- Supports the chipKIT™ Multi-Platform IDE (MPIDE)
- MPIDE is open source and compatible with the Arduino programming language and development environment
- Allows users to create, compile and program Arduino sketch-based chipKIT™ applications within the Raspberry Pi operating system
- Enables the development of 3.3V Arduino compatible applications for the Raspberry Pi using PIC32 MCU