Startech 5 Port PCI High Speed USB 2.0 Adapter Card - Add 5 USB 2.0 ports to any desktop computer with a PCI slot
This PCI-based High Speed USB 2.0 Adapter Card adds five USB 2.0 'A' Female ports (1 internal, 4 external) to your PCI-capable PC.
Supported by popular operating systems including Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP/Vista, the PCI USB 2.0 card is a versatile solution that lets you add USB 2.0 connections without having to upgrade the system motherboard.
A convenient and time-saving solution, the PCI USB card is WHQL certified to simplify driver installation in Windows XP operating environments, and supports USB device hot-swapping - allowing you to connect/disconnect USB peripherals without having to power down the computer.
Designed and constructed to provide long-lasting USB capability, the adapter card is backed by StarTech.com's Lifetime Warranty and free lifetime technical support.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Connect up to 4 additional USB 1.0/1.1/2.0 peripherals to the computer simultaneously
- Adds both external and internal USB ports to connect regular external devices or internal or front bay mounted USB peripherals
- Backed by a StarTech.com lifetime warranty and free lifetime technical support
- Provides four external USB 2.0 ports and one shared internal port
- Fully compliant with USB 2.0 specifications, with support for transfer rates up to 480 Mbps
- Backwards compatible with USB 1.0/1.1 devices
- Compliant with PCI revision 2.2 specification
- Supports up to 127 USB devices per port (requires additional USB hubs)
- Plug-and-Play and Hot-Swap compatible
- Expand a PCI-based system's USB capabilities with four additional external USB ports
- Add additional USB bandwidth to a system that already uses many USB devices/hubs
- Connect additional external hard drives, CD/DVD drives, MP3 players, printers, scanners, webcams, game controllers, digital cameras, etc. to a computer system