Startech 5 Port Fast Ethernet Switch - 10/100 Desktop Wall Mount Network Switch
The DS51072 5-Port Ethernet Network Switch enables up to 5 users to share files and devices (e.g. printers, scanners) over a LAN connection, by expanding an existing network's capacity with additional ports.
Compatible with both 10Base-T (10 Mbps) and 100Base-TX (100Mbps) networks, this Fast Ethernet switch can automatically detect the type of network (auto- negotiation) as well as the type of cable (auto MDIX) and configure itself, making for an easy to install, Plug-and-Play networking solution.
Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- This 5-port Ethernet switch automatically detects and configures for network speed, duplex and cable type on each port, for a Plug-and-Play installation and setup
- The switch features easily-accessed top-mounted LED indicators, and can be wall-mounted or placed on a desktop
- The network switch uses a simple, fanless design for quiet and energy-efficient operation
- Five 10/100 Mbps capable RJ45 Ethernet ports
- Compliant with IEEE 802.3 (10Base-T) and 802.3u (100Base-TX) standards
- Wall-mounted or desktop installation options
- Auto-negotiation and Auto-MDIX detection on each port
- IEEE 802.3x compliant flow control for full duplex and backpressure for half duplex operation
- Supports automatic MAC address learning and aging
- Compact, desktop-style form factor, with rubber stabilizer feet
- No configuration, Plug-and-Play installation
- For use as a Home Network Switch or for SOHO users who need to expand on the number of ports of an existing router/switch
- Users who want to create a small local network of computers for data transfer/sharing, streaming or gaming
- Network multiple devices in different rooms together with a single UTP Ethernet cable between locations