ALS-606 600W 160-6M Solid State AMP
Ameritron ALS-606 600W 160-6M Solid State Amplifier with ALS-600PS Linear PSU
The ALS-606 is a compact 600-watt nominal PEP output amplifier. It uses an external power supply system.
This amplifier covers 160-6 meters (no mod required). Nominal drive power is 75- watts or less.
The ALS-606 interfaces with most modern amateur radio transceivers. Supported band data input includes ICOM compatible analog voltage, Elecraft and Yaesu BCD band data, and Kenwood serial data. With proper interface cables and data, this amplifier will automatically change bands in step with transceiver band changes. Automatic band selection using a band data port or band decoded bus requires purchasing an Ameritron interface cable for your radio.
The Ameritron ALS-606 is 600-watt nominal output, 160 through 6 meter amateur radio band, solid-state amplifier. The ALS-606 uses four 50-volt linear RF MOSFETS. These MOSFET’s are specifically designed for linear power amplifier applications, rather than non-linear or pulse service. They provide lower SSB distortion when compared to nonlinear application solid-state devices in SSB service. Fan speed is regulated by temperature sensors; assuring conservative cooling with minimal noise.
Nominal driving power is 75-watts for 600-watts output (approximately 9 dB gain) on most bands. The compact 9-1/2” wide by 7” high amplifier package (depth only 14”) fits nearly any station configuration. This attractive desktop amplifier unit weighs approximately 15 pounds. An external 50-volt 25-ampere CCS power supply powers the ALS-606. The ALS-600PS linear unregulated supply is included with the ALS-606. This power supply operates on all standard residential power line voltages.
|Rig Interface Cable Chart|
|DB-13D||Icom IC-706/7000/718 & others w/13-pin din|
|DB-7DI||Icom with ACC2 7-pin din|
|DB-DB7DK||Kenwood with DB9 except TS-480|
|DB-8DY||Yaesu with standard 8-pin band data|
ALS-606 Amplifier Standard Features:
- 160 through 6-meter operation, full-power on six meters.
- Four conservative linear-service rated 50-volt MOSFET transistors.
- New push-pull stripline PA layout with exceptional VHF performance.
- Energy-efficient solid-state design greatly reduces heat, <100-watts power line draw on receive.
- Exceptional harmonic suppression.
- Operational in a few seconds, no long filament warm-up time.
- Clean layout with easy-to-service modular construction.
- Quiet variable-speed forced-air cooling system.
- Power module current and voltage meters with LED illumination.
- Accurate PEP Forward and PEP Reflected output power metering.
- Reflected power protection.
- Thermal overload protection.
- Bandswitch error protection.
- Easy to understand front panel LED indicators for rapid fault-error diagnosis.
- Standard negative-going ALC output with front panel adjustment.
- ALC metering and ALC LED indicator.
- Fully-regulated external switch mode power supply, or linear unregulated supply.
- Compact size 14” deep x 7” high x 9.5” wide.
- Weight amplifier section 15 pounds.
- Normal operating range is from 100 volts up to 130 volts 50/60Hz (12-amperes typical full carrier power) or between 200 and 250 volts, 50/60Hz (6 amperes typical at full carrier power).
- A unique "buck-boost" winding allows compensation for up to six different power line voltages centered on 115 and 230 volts. This versatile Ameritron feature maintains optimum voltages on the amplifier components for maximum performance and life
- The ALS-600PS standard power supply uses an input choke to provide low power factor loading on power lines. This reduces the peak currents drawn from the line and improves the voltage regulation of the supply. This makes the ALS-600PS generator and inverter friendly within the acceptable power line frequency range of 50 to 60 Hz
- Step-start to limit stress on power supply components
- An illuminated cross-needle meter monitors 50V line output voltage and current
- Weight 33 lbs.
|1.8 - 2.1 MHz|
|80||3.2 - 4.2 MHz|
|40||6.0 - 7.5 MHz|
|30||7.5 - 14.5 MHz||USA 30-meter power limit currently 200-watts|
|20||7.5 - 14.5 MHz|
|17||14.5 - 22.0 MHz|
|15||14.5 - 22.0 MHz|
|12||22.0 - 30.0 MHz||Amplifier automatically disables above 25 MHz|
|10||22.0 - 30.0 MHz||Amplifier automatically disables below 28 MHz|
|6||50.0 - 54.0 MHz|
Caution: This amplifier has an FCC mandated automatic disconnect and other features preventing 27-MHz operation. There is no available circuitry or control provision to circumvent this lockout.
Ameritron ALS-606 600W Solid State Amplifier
Ameritron ALS-600PS Linear Power Supply