RT Systems YPS-FT5D Programming Software Only for the Yaesu FT-5DR
- Spreadsheet layout with many point and click options.
- "Read" the current configuration from the radio for editing or start from scratch in a new file.
- The programmer has copy and paste of memory channel information between files.
- Column editing for changing several channels with minimal typing.
- An easy interface to RFinder-Worldwide Repeater Directory, Radio Reference, or Repeater Book to get repeater information for your location, a travel route, or a vacation spot. Repeater details available for locations in and outside the US. (separate purchase or subscription may be required)
- Other built-in frequency lists for easy memory channel entries (check File|External data in the programmer before you spend time on internet searches for frequencies. You may find just what you need!)
- Ability to copy and paste spreadsheet or website data.
- Much more than just memory channel programming with settings for other radio menu items.
- Software works with Windows 8/8.1 (full versions), Windows 10 (32 and 64 bit) and Windows 11.
|Manufacturer's Part Number:||YPS-FT5D|
|Part Type:||Application Software|
|Product Line:||RT Systems Radio Programming Software|
|Application Software Type:||Programming/Cloning|
|Software Format:||Web download|
|Computer Radio Interface Cable Included:||No|
|Compatible Radio Manufacturer:||Yaesu|
|Compatible Radio Model:||FT5D Series|
|Computer Required:||IBM-compatible PC|
|Compatible Radio Model||Computer Required||Operating Systems Supported|
|FT5D||Apple/Macintosh||MacOS 10.11.6 (64 bit) or higher|
|FT5DE||Apple/Macintosh||MacOS 10.11.6 (64 bit) or higher|
|FT5DR||Apple/Macintosh||MacOS 10.11.6 (64 bit) or higher|
|FT5D||IBM-compatible PC||Windows 7|
|FT5DE||IBM-compatible PC||Windows 7|
|FT5DR||IBM-compatible PC||Windows 7|
|FT5D||IBM-compatible PC||Windows 8|
|FT5DE||IBM-compatible PC||Windows 8|
|FT5DR||IBM-compatible PC||Windows 8|
|FT5D||IBM-compatible PC||Windows 8.1|
|FT5DE||IBM-compatible PC||Windows 8.1|
|FT5DR||IBM-compatible PC||Windows 8.1|
|FT5D||IBM-compatible PC||Windows 10|
|FT5DE||IBM-compatible PC||Windows 10|
|FT5DR||IBM-compatible PC||Windows 10|
|FT5D||IBM-compatible PC||Windows 11|
|FT5DE||IBM-compatible PC||Windows 11|
|FT5DR||IBM-compatible PC||Windows 11|
The cable that comes in the box with the radio is for firmware upgrades when they are available from Yaesu. Do not lose that cable. You may need it in the future to keep the firmware of the radio up to date.
- The radio must be put into a special mode that allows it to connect to the computer for that process. In the past, this was done with a toggle switch in the radio. The manufacturer wants you well aware that you are altering the internal workings of the radio.
- Think of programming as "upper lever" changes to the radio where a firmware upgrade involves "lower", or "deep" changes to the radio. Considering you can do the same changes to the radio via the keypad, knob and menus, programming via the computer does not touch the true underlying workings of the radio. After programming, the radio can be reset to factory defaults through a series of keystrokes.
- YPS-FT5D Software
- Microsoft Windows 8/8.1, 10 (32 or 64 Bit), or Win 11
- MacOS 10.11.6 or higher (64-bit)