Chameleon CHA RXL Receive Only Loop Antenna - CHA-RXL
Regular Price: $379.95
$38.00 Instant Rebate (Exp. 12-31-2023)
Chameleon Receive Only Loop Antenna- CHA-RXL
The CHA RXL is a new design high-performance Low Frequency (LF), Medium Frequency (MF), and High Frequency (HF) receive-only loop antenna that can be permanently mounted outside on a mast or used on a camera tripod next to an RV or on an apartment balcony. It's broadband design is ideal for Software Defined Radios (SDRs), panadapters, hams wanting a small low-noise receive-only antenna, shortwave listeners (SWLs), AM broadcast band listeners, and anybody needing a small receive antenna.
Receive loops are very quiet and highly directional. With the built-in preamplifier, the CHA RXL will enable clearer reception than many large horizontal wire or vertical antennas. The CHA RXL covers all frequencies between 137.5 KHz and 30.0 MHz. Become a WSPR Reporting Station on the new 2200 and 630 meter bands and join the fun!
Purchase your Chameleon Receive Only Loop Antenna at GigaParts today!
Some of the key features of the CHA RXL are:
- Wideband design – LF / MF / HF
- Highly directional
- Balanced input preamplifier to eliminate environmental noise and ground loops
- Receives on new 2200m and 630m ham bands
- Flexible mounting and power options
- Stealthy – Navy gray loop fades into the background sky.
Loop Amplifier Specifications:
- Frequency: 135.7 KHz – 30.0 MHz continuous
- Power: 12V DC (120V AC wall adapter included USA ONLY)
- Size: 36 in. Loop
- Weight: 7 lbs.
- Mount: Mast or Camera Tripod
- Operating voltage: 12-14 VDC – Polarity Protected, Over-Voltage protection 15.5V – 20V (sustained voltage above 18V may damage the preamp)
- Gain: 25 dB @ 2.5 MHz, 12.5 dB @ 30 MHz (see graph)
- Noise Figure: < 5 dB
- P1dB: >0 dBm relative to the output
- OIP3: > +20 dBm
- Input (no damage): +20 dBm
- RF Power Applied to the Output: 0.25W maximum (do not transmit into the pre-amp)
- Operating Voltage: 12-14 VDC – Polarity Protected, Overvoltage protection 15.5V – 20V (sustained operation above 18V may trip the resettable fuse)
- Maximum Current: 300 mA max.
- Insertion Loss: < 0.25 dB @ 30 MHz
- VSWR: < 1.3:1 @ 30 MHz
The antenna system consists of:
1 X 36" Loop
1 X Tuning Box
1 X 12V Power Supply (USA ONLY)
1 X T-BIAS
1 X "L" Bracket & Hardware
1 X Table Top Rubber Feet