Comet Antennas CAA-500
Comet CAA-500 1.8-500MHz Antenna Analyzer
Commercial Grade SWR/Impedance Analyzer
Range: 1.8 - 500MHz (including 222MHz band)
Check antenna installations in seconds
Determine SWR and resonance of an antenna instantly
Quickly scan the desired frequency range in seconds allowing SWR adjustments quickly and easily. Both SWR and impedance measurements are provided simultaneously. Precision analog meter provides SWR/impedance changes in real time.
- Highly sensitive, high-precision meter for measurement accuracy in seven frequency ranges covering 1.8-500MHz (HF, VHF, and UHF)
- Impedance measurements: 12.5-300 ohms
- Digital readout accurate to 1kHz
- Low battery warning: Decimal point will blink
- Operates up to 14 hours from six AA cells (not included) or from an external 8-12VDC 200ma power source (DC cable included)
- VSWR Range: 1:1 to infinity
- Size: 3.3 x 6.9 x 2.5 inches (80x170x60mm)
- Weight: 28 oz (800g)
- Two Output Connectors:
- 1.8 MHz - 255 MHz uses a standard SO-239* ("UHF" or "M" Female)
- 255 MHz -500 MHz "High Range" uses the "N" connector
A frequency sweep of the SWR will tell the user whether the antenna driven element being tested is too long or too short.
"The CAA-500 provides the most usable information in a concise and accurate manner, and is perfect for the typical amateur radio operator."
(* note from GigaParts: There are still several reviews out there from this product's international release that complain about the SO-239 not fitting the standard. The ones we sell do not have that issue. Ours are all the standard SO-239. Guaranteed.)