Icom ID-51A Violet
New colors are available for the ID-51A PLUS – only 5000 units available worldwide. In addition to classic Black, choose Sunset Orange, Passion Pink, Ultraviolet or Lime Yellow. A matching color carrying case and LCD protection film are included.
- D-STAR DV Mode
- Integrated GPS
- IPX7 Waterproof
- DV Fast Data Mode
- DV and FM Repeater Search
- RS-MS1A Android App
- Voice Memory
- microSD Card Slot
- AM/FM Broadcast Receiver
- Menu Driver Interface
- RS-MS1A Features
- Send and receive pictures
- Send and receive text messaging
- Set transceiver’s DR functions from the RS-MS1A or a map application
- See the location of repeater sites or other D-PRS stations on a map application
- View and export received history of the transceiver
- View detailed data in the transceiver’s Repeater list
- Import and export the Repeater list and the Callsign list from/to the transceiver
- DV Fast Data Mode*
- By using data in place of voice frames, the ID-51A transfers data 3.5 times faster (3480 bps) than in the conventional DV mode (with voice). Pictures taken by an Android™ device can be quickly transmitted in the DV Fast Data mode.
- * The DV Fast Data mode is not compatible with the DV mode low-speed data communication.
- DV and FM Repeater Search Function
- The repeater search function searches for nearby analog FM repeaters as well as DV repeaters using the repeater memories and the integrated GPS*.
- * To use the repeater search function, the position data of the repeater is required.
- Additional Dplus Reflector Link Commands
- Dplus reflector link commands are added to the DR function to allow easy multiple repeater connection through the reflector.
- Other New and Enhanced Functions (Compared to the ID-51A original version)
- GPS position data can be sent simultaneously with the serial data communication
- Enhanced D-PRS functions: receiving only Base/Object/Item/Weather formats
- Altitude data added to the GPS memories
- CI-V commands can be sent through DATA connector
- CI-V commands added such as GPS TX mode, DV data TX and GPS ON/OFF settings
- Callsign, repeater list and GPS memory import and export in the CSV format
- D-STAR DV Mode (Digital Voice + Data)
- The D-STAR (Digital Smart Technology for Amateur Radio) DV mode is the leading amateur radio digital format.
- V/V, U/U, V/U Dualwatch
- The dualwatch function simultaneously monitors VHF/VHF, UHF/UHF and VHF/UHF bands*.
- *DV/DV, AM/AM, FM-N/FM-N and DV/FM-N mode dualwatch is not available.
- IPX7 Waterproof Construction
- The ID-51A has superior IPX7 waterproof protection (1m depth of water for 30 minutes). It can be used in harsh outdoor environments, and for hiking, mountain biking, touring and mountain sports.
- Independent AM/FM receiver
- FM and AM broadcast and VHF airband stations can be listened to while using the dualwatch function to monitor the ham bands.
- MicroSD Card Slot
- When used with a microSD card (Up to 32GB), various contents including voice memory, DV auto reply message, TX voice message, QSO log, RX history log and GPS log data can be stored. The microSD card can also be used to update firmware and edit memories.
- Integrated GPS Receiver
- Your current position and altitude are shown on the display and offers a position reporting function in DV mode. The GPS log function logs your position information at regular intervals on the microSD card.
- Other features
- TX voice memory (1 channel, 60 seconds)
- SPEECH function announces the received call sign (DV Mode), frequency, and mode
- QSO recorder function records incoming and outgoing calls. The voice recorder function can record an off-line conversation.
- 128 × 104 dot large full dot-matrix display
- CSV formatted communication log
- 10-step battery voltage indicator
Transmit Frequency coverage (MHz)
Receive Frequency coverage (MHz)
A Band: 137–174, 380–479
B Band: 108–174*2, 380–479
Broadcast Receive Band: 0.52–1.710,88–108
*1 Guaranteed Range: 144-148, 440-450MHz
*2 AM mode only for 108–136.995MHz
Type of emission: F2D, F3E, F7W
Memory channels: 1304 channels (including repeater, program scan edges and call channels)
Operating Temperature Range: –20˚C to +60˚C
Frequency stability: ±2.5ppm (on the basis of 25˚C)
Power supply requirement: 7.4V DC (with BP-271, BP-272)
Alkaline cells: 5.5V (with BP-273)
External DC Power: 10–16V DC
Current drain (at 7.4V DC)
Tx High: Less than 2.5A
Rx Internal SP (16Ω): Less than 450mA/350mA (DV/FM)
External SP (8Ω): Less than 300mA/200mA (DV/FM)
Antenna impedance: 50Ω (SMA)
(projections not included)
Weight (approx.): 255g (with BP-271 & antenna)
Modulation system DV: GMSK reactance modulation
Modulation system FM: FM reactance modulation
Output power (at 7.4V DC)
5W, 2.5W, 1.0W, 0.5W, 0.1W
(High, Mid, Low2, Low1, S-low)
Less than –60dBc (High, Mid),
Less than –13dBm (Low2, Low1, S-low)
Max. frequency deviation ±5.0/2.5kHz (FM/FM-N)
Ext. Mic impedance 2.2kΩ
DV: Less than 0.28μV (at 1% BER)
FM, FM-N: Less than 0.18μV (at 12dB SINAD)
DV, FM-N: More than 50dB
FM: More than 55dB
Spurious rejection More than 60dB
Audio output power (at 7.4V DC, 10% distortion)
Internal SP (16Ω load): More than 400mW
External SP (8Ω load): More than 200mW
Applicable IP Rating
Ingress Protection Standard
Water IPX7 (Waterproof protection)
Supplied Accessories (* Depending on version)
Battery pack, BP-271
Standard antenna, FA-S270C
Belt clip, MB-127
Wall charger, BC-167SA/SD*
Programming software, CS-51PLUS