Startech 3 ft 1s1p USB to Serial Parallel Port Adapter Cable - Add one RS232 Serial, and one IEEE 1284 Parallel port to your computer through a single USB connection
The ICUSB2321284 1S1P USB to Serial/Parallel Adapter Cable enables you to connect DB9 RS232 serial devices and IEEE 1284 parallel devices to your PC or Linux laptop or desktop computer, through a single USB port, as though the computer offered onboard connectors.
An innovative solution, the adapter cable features both a parallel and serial port that can be used simultaneously, delivering serial and parallel data rates of up to 921.6 Kbps and 1Mbps (respectively) to ensure optimum performance from your connected devices.
Simple to install and use, the serial/parallel USB adapter is a cost-effective solution that bridges the connectivity gap between modern computers and legacy serial peripherals.
Backed by a StarTech.com 3-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Single cable USB to Serial and Parallel design enables two legacy devices to be connected to a host computer through a single USB port
- Drawing power from the USB bus saves the hassle of carrying an external power adapter for the add-on ports
- Support for Windows® and Linux® operating systems allow for simple installation onto many desktop and laptop platforms
- Easy to setup and install - plug and play for most operating systems
- No external power needed - draws power from the USB connection
- Thin, lightweight design
- Supports serial baud rates of up to 921.6 Kbps
- Compatible with modems, printers, bar code scanners, servers, PDUs, and most other serial RS232 or Parallel equipment
- Perfect for IT Administrators looking to add legacy functionality to newer laptops, desktops and servers that lack integrated RS-232 Serial and/or Parallel ports
- Connect to console ports, UPS, and other devices in the server room/server closet
- Connect, monitor and control industrial/automotive sensors and equipment
- Connect bar code scanners, receipt printers and other point of sale devices
- Connect a satellite receiver, serial modem, or PDA with serial sync