ARRL Extra Class License Manual 11th Edition
All You Need To Pass Your Extra Class Exam!
The ARRL Extra Class License Manual is your ticket to every privilege granted to Amateur Radio Operators. Our expert instruction will lead you through all of the knowledge you need to pass the exam: rules, specific operating skills and more advanced electronics theory. As an Extra Class licensee, you will have full privileges on all frequencies authorized by the FCC for Amateur Radio. To upgrade to Extra Class you must already hold a General Class license (or have recently passed all of the exams required for a General Class license). Upgrading to an Extra license only requires passing a written examination.
- Pass the 50-question Extra Class test
- All the Exam Questions with Answer Key, for use beginning July 1, 2016
- NEW! Use with ARRL’s online Exam Review for Ham Radio.
- NEW! Spiral Bound Edition (sold separately)
- Detailed explanations for all questions, including FCC rules
Use this book to study for your Extra Class (Element 4) license exam. Every page presents information you will need to pass the exam and become an effective operator. For study purposes, information is presented in small sections:
- Operating Practices
- Rules and Regulations
- Electrical Principles
- Components and Building Blocks
- Electronic Circuits
- Radio Signals and Measurements
- Radio Modes and Equipment
- Antennas and Feed Lines
- Topics in Radio Propagation
NEW! Online Review and Practice Exams As you complete each chapter of this book, use ARRL’s online Exam Review for Ham Radio to help prepare you for exam day. This web-based service uses the question pool to construct chapter-by-chapter reviews. Once you’ve finished this book, use the online service to take practice exams with the same number and variety of questions that you’ll encounter on exam day. You won’t have any surprises on exam day!