Open Box Whistler TRX-1 Scanner SN94265
Open Box Whistler TRX-1 Scanner SN94265
The Whistler TRX-1 is multi-system adaptive digital trunking scanners with Motorola P25 Phase I, X2-TDMA, Phase II, NDXN, and DMR making it capable of monitoring the following unencrypted channels/systems: Conventional DMR (Entered as a DMR trunked system, Hytera XPT, MotoTRBO™ Capacity Plus, MotoTRBO™ Connect Plus, and MotoTRBO™ Linked Cap Plus systems
This models feature a full backlit alphanumeric keypad in addition to the easy-to-use Scan, Pause, Select and Navigation controls. All USA/Canada services and frequencies are pre-programmed onto the included SD card making this scanner ready to use out of the box - they can even be programmed by entering your ZIP code.
In the box
- Digital Handheld Scanner
- MicroSD Card
- Swivel Belt Clip
- USB Cable
- Protective Case
- 2 Inserts
- User Guide
- Quick Start Guide
- Unit Dimensions 5.31 in. H x 2.12 in. W x 1.06 in. L
- Unit Weight .46 lbs
About our Set-up & Optimize Service
With Scanner Master's exclusive Set-up & Optimize service we see to it that your TRX-1 is fully updated and ready to use for your area, perfect for your own use and especially perfect for a gift. First we optimize the internal database by updating the frequency library, which changes daily. We will also check and install any firmware updates to the TRX-1 before the radio ships. (The firmware is the operating system for the radio which may have been updated or tweaked by the factory following its production in Asia.) Scanner Master will then build a Scan List for the customer (based on the ship to address of your order), or for the area in which the scanner will be used if the customer specifies a different city and county (for example if the radio is given as a gift). Scanner Master will also pre-tune the radio by entering the end-users zip code. Note that this service will add approximately 7 to 14 business days for processing before the radio will be shipped.
(The benefit of this Scan List work is that we insure that the most important data to the user is readily accessible as often times, if the database for the end user's area hasn't been completely prepared with what's known as "geo-tagging" then some or all of the local agencies will not activate for scanning. Scanner Master insures that this will not be the case.)
- The TRX-1 allows the user the ability to group their stored objects using up to 200 Scanlists plus a special Skywarn scanlist. Objects can be mapped to as many Scanlists as desired, giving you complete flexibility for grouping objects and selecting groups in any combination for scanning.
- Programmable audible alarms can be configured to sound when certain Scannable Objects are active. Can be used in conjunction with, or separately from, the Alert LED described above.
- Record received audio from selected objects and searches to the Micro SD card. Replay recorded audio using powerful built-in playback system or transfer to PC for playback and archiving. Record up to 50 hours of audio on the 2 GB microSDr
- Date and time stamp recorded audio files, and “alarm clock” function allows you to program the scanner to wake up and start scanning at a specific time each day.
- A built-in Discriminator Output provides raw discriminator signal to third party signal decoding software without risky hardware modifications.
- Predefined service search ranges make it easy to find activity in your area.
- A simplified keypad and display with familiar Scan, Pause, Skip and Navigation controls make it easy for you to use your TRX-1. Behind the scenes, Whistler’s exclusive Object Oriented database runs the show, with support for millions of stored objects, limited only by MicroSD card capacity.
- With the expanded V-Scanner II (VS-II) storage system, you can use the TRX-1 PC Application to save up to 200 V-Scanner configurations on the MicroSD Card, which can be recalled at any time in the field using the radio’s keypad.
- Industry standard Composite Device USB interface with USB Mass Storage Device (MSD) and Serial Data (CDC) support. Access the MicroSD card without removing it from the radio, stream decoded Control Channel data and upgrade your radio’s firmware over USB. Mini USB cable included.
- The TRX-1 detects and masks digital voice audio, and decodes RadioID/TalkgroupID data embedded in voice packets.
- Uses an industry standard MicroSD card to store the RadioReference data library and all of your programming - capacity for millions of stored objects! Supports cards up to 32 GB
- Scans most common trunked radio system signaling formats, including Motorola, EDACS, LTR and P25 trunked radio networks. Both talkgroup and individual call monitoring are supported.
- Quickly sweeps the TRX-1's frequency ranges for transmissions from nearby sources. When a nearby transmission is found, the TRX-1 automatically tunes to that frequency and receives the traffic. Lock out found frequencies and continue searching the same band.
- Customize existing programming or add new objects to scan, and keep your TRX-1 firmware and Library data up to date.
- The backlight can be programmed to flash with custom flash patterns when certain objects are active, providing another way alerting the operator when important radio traffic is present.
- displays the weather event and sounds an alert for a specific county or counties of your choice.
- Scan Sets expand the functionality of Scanlists by allowing you to define different combinations of enabled Scanlists as Scan Sets, then you can select one or more Scan Sets for scanning using a simple menu system. With Scanlists and Scan Sets you have unlimited possibilities for grouping, enabling and disabling objects for scanning.
- Shows relative strength of received signals. Slim, compact case design with textured exterior finish and large speaker - Designed for durability, one-handed operation and ease of use.
- provides instant access to frequencies used by storm spotter networks. Monitor storm conditions as they occur, and become aware of dangerous conditions before the media or emergency management officials are able to announce them to the general public.
- The entire USA and Canada databases from www.radioreference.com are stored on a standard MicroSD Card that is included with the TRX-1, giving you access to the most comprehensive radio data available without connecting the TRX-1 to a computer or the Internet! Free downloads of updated database, CPU and DSP firmware.
- Keep your radio’s CPU and DSP firmware and RadioReference library current with enhancements and updates as they become available with free upgrades!
- Programmable tri-color LED displays thousands of colors that can be used to indicate different types of activity or activity on special channels. Program color sequences with multiple colors for special alerts, even emulate the red/blue strobe of police vehicles.