PIMORONI Unicorn HAT for Raspberry Pi - PIM054
Unicorn HAT Compact RGB Pixel Matrix
What's going to protect your beloved Raspberry Pi from an onslaught of rainbow-colored fusion? That's right, it's Unicorn HAT.
- Sporting a matrix of 64 (8 x 8) RGB LEDs and powered directly from the Pi, this is the most compact pocket aurora available.
- Unicorn HAT provides a wash of controllable color that is ideal for mood-lighting, 8x8 pixel art, persistence of vision effects, status indications, or just blasting color into your surroundings.
- The MagPi said that Unicorn HAT was "one of the coolest HATs around"
Check out the Features Tab for more info!
- 64 RGB LEDs (WS2812B)
- LED data driven via DMA over PWM
- Unicorn HAT pinout
- Compatible with all 40-pin header Raspberry Pi models
- Python library
- Comes fully assembled
We've put together a Unicorn HAT Python library to make it a breeze to use, including lots of beautiful examples of what it can do.
- Power: Unicorn HAT requires a >2A microUSB power supply for your Pi. We recommend the official Raspberry Pi power supply.
- Compatibility (audio): as Unicorn HAT uses PWM and GPIO18, it will interfere with analogue audio playback (random color patterns and flickering). HDMI should work just fine!
- Warning: WS2812 LEDs are bright enough to cause eye pain, do not look at them directly when brightly lit. We recommend the use of a diffuser.