First Wireless Detector
Lightweight and compact: extend or fold away in seconds
At 2 pounds, the XP DEUS (pronounced day-uhs) offers exceptional comfort, speed and performance. The XP DEUS is the result of years of research and development by the XP engineering team. This detector sets new benchmarks in metal detection design and performance.
The design is built on your choice of three wireless elements:
- Search Coil
- Digital LCD Display Remote
- Audio Headphones
The three devices communicate with one another via a digital wireless link developed specifically for metal detecting. This patented design provides crystal clear audio and exceptionally efficient power consumption.
DEUS features a superior ergonomic stem design that is comfortable and easy to use. A durable molded rubber grip provides an improved operating angle for hours of fatigue free use. The arm cup is produced from a unique plastic resin that is both durable and flexible.
Extreme speed finds good targets next to junk
The entire detector is built in to the search coil! Unlike traditional metal detectors, a wire is no longer required to convey the signal. The target signal is digitized and analyzed instantly and directly at the source by an ultra-miniature digital circuit. This revolutionary new design improves the quality of signal acquisition and produces superior power, speed and precision. The pure digital format allows you to adjust the power, reactivity and target recovery speed to be as fast as you desire.
One Click: Change Frequency, Power or Recovery
An all digital design means that there is now no need to buy multiple detectors for different types of treasure hunting. You can adjust every characteristic of the DEUS. Choose your frequency from the preset options of 4 kHz, 8 kHz,12 kHz and 18 kHz. Choose from one of 10 preset factory programs or one of 8 user customizable programs and start detecting. The DEUS is simple to use for a beginner and provides advanced options for experienced users.
Adjust settings with either headphones OR remote
The headphones and the LCD remote display can each control the detector independently or be used together. The wireless design means that there are no wires to get cut, broken or tangled.
Weatherproof Wireless Headphones
Designed and custom molded specifically to endure the rigors of metal detecting. The electronics, digital LCD display and controls are encapsulated in a weatherproof disc on one side of the headset. Just slide the electronics off and snap on a new headband at any time. Control the most important features of the detector through the headphones: Ground Balance, Frequency, Discrimination, Sensitivity, Volume and Custom Programs.
Wireless LCD Remote Display
The bright, backlit display comes in a hip mount case. Intuitive menus control the audio response, iron level, tones, notch, discrimination and all advanced features. Select the type of ground balance that works best for you. Choose from tracking, pumping, manual and beach options. On screen graphics walk you through ground balancing.
USB Connection: Get latest software
Upgrade at anytime! Get the latest software updates online. Just plug the USB cable into the DEUS remote and the other end into your computer. Follow the prompts and your detector will be updated with the most current features.
DEUS Includes the Following Items:
- Fully Telescopic S Handle Stem
- Wireless Headphones (optional)
- Headphone Storage Case
- 9" DD Waterproof Wireless Search Coil
- 9" Search Coil Cover
- Wireless Remote Control Display Screen (optional)
- Hip mount case for Wireless Remote Control Display Screen
- USB Connection Cable With One Mini-B Plug
- USB Connection Cable With Three Mini-B Plugs
- 110 Volt Power Supply Transformer - Charger
- Connection Clamp For Recharging The Coil
- Complete Coil Hardware & Spare Parts (2 Screws, 2 Wing Nuts, 1 Washer, 1 Spacing Washer)
- Detailed Owners Manual
- 5 Year Parts and Labor Warranty for detectors purchased on or after January 1, 2013. Units purchased prior to this date are covered by a 2 Year Parts and Labor Warranty. All warranty service is completed in the USA
01 - BETTER TARGET SEPARATION AND DEPTH!
Research during the development of the DEUS V3.0 has led to improved digital signal processing and this has resulted in increased target separation and depth in mineralized ground. You will see a clear improvement using Reactivity 3, 4, and 5. For example, on Reactivity 3 you will obtain target separation similar to Reactivity 4 on V2.0. The Reactivity 4 and 5 settings will provide even greater target separation! This enhanced ability to distinguish between good targets, iron and ground mineralization is a major evolution in the metal detecting field. It will be a pleasure for both novices and professionals to use and makes the DEUS the fastest detector on the market in terms of target separation and recovery. (manual V3 pg 13/14).
02 - NEW PROGRAM N°10 - GOLD FIELD Deeper on highly mineralized ground!
The GOLD FIELD program uses a different detection strategy designed to handle highly mineralized ground containing targets such as gold nuggets. In these ground conditions, small, low-conductive targets are often seen as ground noise or iron, especially when they are deeply buried. To go deeper in these difficult conditions, the GOLD FIELD program uses a true All Metal mode allowing you to accept a whole zone of ground that is usually rejected (Full Range). Rather than rejecting all the ground values below the setting (as on conventional detectors), this new program rejects only the current value of the ground which you have to adjust exactly. To simplify this ground effect adjustment (which is essential in this program), the “pinpoint” touch pad allows you to quickly grab the ground value while pumping the coil to the ground. In this program a few settings are not active or are replaced by others unique to the GOLD FIELD program including:
- The IAR discrimination (Iron Amplitude Rejection): Adjustable from 0 to 5, IAR is applied only to strong signals (shallow). This avoids the rejection of signals from good targets further away that may sound like ferrous when they are buried in mineralized ground (pg: 10).
- Immediate sampling of the ground value (Grab) accomplished by simply pressing “Pinpoint” while pumping the coil to the ground. Pinpoint function is deactivated in this program (pg:18/19)
Note: The target ID feature is retained when working in the All Metal mode to aid in target identification.
03 - FINEST ADJUSTMENT OF GROUND EFFECT!
- Each ground balance step between 60 and 95 receives an additional division of fine adjustment to allow for better ground tracking (pg:17).
- In the MANUAL or TRACKING mode, you have the ability to add a variable notch on the ground balance scale and eliminate false signals caused by hot rocks or other ground conditions (between 82 and 90) (pg 40).
04 - NOW 10 FACTORY PROGRAMS + 8 USER PROGRAMS THAT YOU CAN SAVE!
8 Memory slots have been added to save your user programs. The first 10 factory programs can be modified, but they will not be saved after turning the DEUS off, but you can now save them using the 8 new program slots (Option>Program>Save) (pg 22).
For users that control their DEUS with the WS4 and WS5 headphones, programs can now be saved and deleted with the headphone controls just like the remote control! (pg 31).
05 - SILENCER MORE EFFICIENT!
The Silencer can mask iron signals with little reduction in target separation as experienced in V2.0. For example on beaches and parks, the Silencer will be useful to reject rusty bottle caps which are normally difficult to reject (choose Silencer level 4). Also, do not hesitate to increase it if you want to cancel the inconsistent (crackling) signals from iron. The Silencer can be deactivated when it is set at -1 (pg39).
06 - STRONGER AUDIO RESPONSE!
Thanks to 2 added audio level points (0 to 7 instead 0 to 5), you can now further amplify weak signals from smaller or deeper targets. Be careful as it will also amplify noise from electrical interference or difficult fields (pg 15).
07 - TWO NEW AUDIO MODES - 5 TONES AND FULL TONES!
- 5 Tones: the targets can now be separated into 5 user-adjustable audio tones.
- Full Tones: Audio tones change according to the conductivity of the target. The higher the target’s conductivity, the higher the pitch of the tone (pg 37).
08 - PITCH MODE ADJUSTABLE
The pitch of the fundamental frequency tone is now adjustable from 150 Hz to 600 Hz (pg 36).
09 - ID NORM
The Target ID value for a specific target will be consistent across the 4 operating frequencies when the ID Norm option is activated (pg 27).
10 - NON MOTION IMPROVED AND EASIER
To facilitate the manual ground adjustments in the NON MOTION AUDIO DISC and NON MOTION AM mode, the actual Ground Balance value under the coil is now displayed in the arrow. Pump the coil to the ground to refresh the value and enter the value displayed to ground balance your DEUS. An accurate ground balancing will give you a more stable audio threshold and a deeper machine. An extended range of ground balance values is also now available in this mode (pg 21).
… AND SO MUCH MORE
- Ability to delete a coil from the list (pg 25 and 31).
- The target’s ID is now displayed at the top of the left screen in the submenus.
- FREQUENCY SHIFT has been improved: you can now search closer to other DEUS users thanks to improved filtering (pg 39).
- Two comfortable and foldable headphone designs to choose from with controls and LCD screen
- Choose from full-sized WS-5 headphone OR ultra-lightweight WS-4 backphone style headphone
- Light and foldable removable headband
- One click headband replacement
- Can control the detector alone
- Can adjust all the main detection settings: sensitivity, discrimination, ground balance, frequency (4, 8, 12, 18khz), multi-tones, volume, factory and custom programs
- Lithium battery and charger included
- ABS transport case included with WS4 model only
- 9" Round standard search coil
- Carbon fiber infused DD
- Light weight
- Includes coil cover
- Includes hardware
- Contains metal detector electronics
- Battery Life: +/- 20 hours (depending on power and frequency)
- Can control and adjust the detector alone
- Built in speaker works with or without headphones
- 1/8" audio headphone jack
- Four non-motion modes
- Eight user customizable programs
- Precise audio and visual discrimination
- Extended iron discrimination
- Ten preset factory programs
- Expert menu
- Belt clip included
- Full graphic display
- Low power consumption backlight
- Intuitive screen functions
- Battery life: +/- 27 hours
- Gold Field Prospecting
- Wet beach
- Dry beach
- Coin hunting
- Five additional preset modes
- Plus eight user customizable programs
- * Warranty: 5 years covering parts and labor 5 Year Parts and Labor Warranty for detectors purchased on or after January 1, 2013.
- Weight: 2 pounds with remote and 1 pound, 15 ounces without
- Auto adjusting 36 channel wireless digital link
- Pocket sized, hip mountable remote control
- WS-4 or WS-5 Wireless headphone
- USB standard protocol to recharge batteries and download new software updates
- Power: 3 lithium batteries
- Battery life coil: +/- 20 hours (depending on power and frequency)
- Battery life lcd remote control: +/- 27 hours
- Battery life headphones: +/- 27 hours
- Fast and intelligent charger, simultaneously charges remote, coil and headphone in 2 hours
- 4 frequencies (4kHz ; 8kHz ; 12kHz ; 18kHz) + shift plus/minus
- Power and recovery adjustable (2 or 3 times faster/slower than the Gold Maxx Power)
- Audio Response, Iron level, Multi tone, Notch, Discrimination, 5 tones, Full tone
- Many advanced expert functions
- Ground balance: Tracking, Pumping, Manual, Beach
- Motion and non-motion modes
- Extended discrimination range, with even greater precision for iron
- 10 Pre-configured factory programs and memory slots for 8 user customizable programs
Standard Items Included
- Fully telescopic s handle stem
- Choose either WS-4 or WS-5 Wireless headphones
- Headphone storage case (include with WS-4 headphone only)
- 9" dd waterproof wireless search coil
- 9" search coil cover
- Wireless remote control display screen
- Hip mount case for wireless remote control display screen
- USB connection cable with one mini-b plug
- USB connection cable with three mini-b plugs
- 110 volt power supply transformer - charger
- Connection clamp for recharging the coil
- Complete coil hardware & spare parts (2 screws, 2 wing nuts, 1 washer, 1 spacing washer)
- Detailed owner's manual
- * 5 year parts and labor warranty (Serviced in USA)