Programming the Raspberry Pi: Getting Started with Python - Create innovative programs and fun games on your tiny yet powerful Raspberry Pi.
In this book, electronics guru Simon Monk explains the basics of Raspberry Pi application development, while providing hands-on examples and ready-to-use scripts. See how to set up hardware and software, write and debug applications, create user-friendly interfaces, and control external electronics. Do-it-yourself projects include a hangman game, an LED clock, and a software-controlled roving robot.
- Boot up and configure your Raspberry Pi
- Navigate files, folders, and menus
- Create Python programs using the IDLE editor
- Work with strings, lists, and functions
- Use and write your own libraries, modules, and classes
- Add Web features to your programs
- Develop interactive games with Pygame
- Interface with devices through the GPIO port
- Build a Raspberry Pi Robot and LED Clock
- Build professional-quality GUIs using Tkinter