Startech eSATA USB to SATA Hard Drive Docking Station for Dual 2.5 or 3.5in HDD
This dual drive SATA HDD Dock provides fast, convenient access to 2.5” or 3.5" SATA (SATA, SATA II, SATA III) hard drives (HDD) or solid state drives (SSD) through either USB or eSATA, without ever having to open a computer case or mount hard drives in an enclosure.
Supporting one or two drives, SATADOCK22UE can be connected to the host computer through either USB 2.0 or eSATA - then, it's just a matter of inserting the desired 2.5" or 3.5" SATA drives (or combination of both) into one of the two (or both) docking station slots for instant access.
The docking station supports plug and play installation on most operating systems, making it a perfect solution for data recovery, drive imaging, software testing, or any environment that requires fast access to massive amounts of data (uninstalled or archived hard drives etc.). Plus, SATADOCK22UE features a small form factor design that requires minimal desk space for permanent connection to the host computer and provides enough hard drive surface exposure to optimize dissipation of operating heat.
SATADOCK22UE supports any 2.5" or 3.5" SATA drive and data transfer speeds of up to 1.5 Gbps (using eSATA) and 480Mbps (using USB 2.0) between host and dock - ensuring effortless data dumps or backups and hassle-free file transfers. The inclusion of a high-output power adapter versus other competitive dual drive dock models ensures stable performance for even the latest power hungry high-capacity hard drives. The value of this hard drive docking station can be extended, using a SATA to IDE hard drive adapter (SAT2IDEADP), which enables you to use any 2.5 or 3.5in IDE hard drive in a SATA hard drive dock slot.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Support for up to two high-capacity/RPM 2.5/3.5" drives over USB 2.0 or eSATA interfaces
- A top slot-loading design and unique drive ejection mechanism provides quick and easy access to the data without having to install drives into an enclosure or tray
- Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support
- Dual top slot loading design with drive doors
- Patented drive ejection mechanism for each drive
- Power button with integrated Power/Activity LED indicator for each drive
- Dual SATA revision 1 compliant eSATA host interfaces, with support for transfer rates up to 1.5 Gbps for each drive
- High Speed USB 2.0 compliant host interface, with support for transfer rates up to 480 Mbps
- Compatible with SATA revision 1/2/3 (1.5/3.0/6.0 Gbps) drives
- Supports 2.5" or 3.5" form factor hard drives (HDD) and solid state drives (SSD)
- Plug-and-Play and Hot-Swap compatible
- Compact desktop style form factor
- Includes high-output power adapter to support large capacity/high RPM SATA hard drives
- Access spare or removed 2.5/3.5" drives quickly to retrieve data from
- Data recovery specialists who need quick access to drives for imaging
- Backup data quickly to an external drive for archiving
- Technicians who regularly test or benchmark different hard drives and need to swap between them
- Transfer data from one hard drive to another from the same dock