$144.00After Mail-In Rebate
$5.00 Mail-In Rebate (Exp. 03-31-2018)
Icom V80-HD 5.5W 2M Transceiver
- Includes BP-265 High Capacity 1900mAh Li-Ion Battery Pack & BC-193 Rapid Desktop Charger! -
Icom radios are built tough, and the IC-V80 HD – Icom's most economical 2M – is no exception. This military rugged rig offers water resistance and superior protection against dust and dirt (IP54). Compact, rugged and with plenty of power, the IC-V80 HD is ideal for basic, on-the-go ham operations.
750mW loud audio
The IC-V80 HD uses the BTL (bridge-tied load) amplifier that doubles the audio output. Every ham knows that power = current × voltage. The V80’s BTL increases the audio output by doubling the voltage delivered to the speaker.The 36mm large speaker delivers 750mW of loud and intelligible audio*. Great for noisy environments.
Typical value using with internal speaker.
Powerful 5.5W of Output Power
The IC-V80 HD offers a just-right mix of power and size. 5.5 watts of high power will work to get your message through. Get up to 19 hours* of operating time with the V80 HD power version, which includes a BP-265 Li-ion battery pack and a BC-193 rapid charger. All that power comes is an easy to hold and use size – not too big, not too small. The IC-V80 can also be powered by an alkaline battery pack (V80 Sport version only).
*Typical operation. 5:5:90 duty cycle with power save on.
IP54 and MIL-STD-810 rugged construction
The dust protection and water-resistance equivalent to IP54 provides reliable operation for practical outdoor operation. The IC-V80 HD tested to and passed 11 categories of MIL-STD-810 environmental tests.
A total of 207 memory channels
The IC-V80 HD has a total of 207 memory channels, including 200 regular channels, 6 channels, including 200 regular channels, 6 scan edges and 1 call channel. The channel name is programmable with 5 characters for easy recognition.
The CTCSS and DTCS tone codes provide quiet stand-by and allow you to use tone-access repeaters. The pocket beep alerts you when a matching tone frequency is received. The tone scan detects the subaudible tone that is used for repeater access.
Internal VOX function
The IC-V80 HD has internal VOX (Voice Operated Transmit) function for convenient hands-free operation with a compatible optional headset and plug adapter cable. Also, the VOX gain and VOX delay time are adjustable.
- WX channel and weather alert function (USA version only)
- Program, memory, skip, priority and tone scans
- Power save function
- BNC type antenna connector
- Automatic repeater function (USA version only)
- 1750Hz tone for European repeater access (IC-V80E only)
- TOT (time out timer) setting
- Repeater lockout and busy channel lockout
- PC programmable with optional CS-V80
- Transceiver-to-transceiver cloning (optional)
- Direct keypad frequency entry
- DTMF memory channels
- Auto power off
- LCD backlight
- Wide/narrow channel spacing
Output power: 5.5/2.5/0.5 Watts
TX Frequencies: 144–148 MHz
RX Frequencies: 136-174 MHz (Guaranteed range 144-148 MHz)
Channels: 207 (200 regular, 6 scan edges, 1 call)
Waterproof rating: IP54
Antenna Connection: BNC
- Icom IC-V80-HD VHF FM Transceiver
- BP-265 1900mAh Li-Ion Battery Pack
- BC-193 Rapid Desktop Charger
- BC-123SA AC Adapter
- Antenna (FA-B2E)
- Belt clip
- Warranty Card & Quick Guide