Regular Price: $1699.00
$200.00 Instant Rebate (Exp. 03-31-2019)
The Kenwood TS-2000 offers 100W of output power on HF/6M/2M and 50W on 70CM while drawing 20.5A at max power level. Modes include SSB/CW/FM/FSK. The optional UT-20 adds 1200MHz to your rig, making the TS-2000 one of the most versatile radios on the market. The IF-DSP (main band) combines with AF-DSP (sub band) to provide precision filtering and interference reduction. The Kenwood TS-2000 features two 16-bit DSP chips, a double precision computer and a 100MHz speed CPU, plus 24-bit A/D and D/A converters. Features such as Beat Cancel, CW Auto Tune, Noise Reduction (NR1/NR2) and TX Audio Shaping and Dual-Channel Watch make the TS-2000 a very versatile radio. Other features include a large amber-colored backlit LCD, backlit front keys, programmable function keys, RF gain control, all-mode squelch, simple visual scan and much more. Optional DRU-3A digital recording unit and optional VS-3 voice synthesizer are available. In the box with the Kenwood TS-2000 you will find a MC-43S hand mic, DC Power Cable, Owner’s manual and Warranty Card. The TS-2000X gives you the same bands PLUS 10 watts on 1.2 GHz, making it the most complete dual receiver multi-mode transceiver ever produced. Be sure to purchase your Kenwood TS-2000 or TS-2000X from GigaParts!
The Kenwood TS-2000 series transceiver offers today's demanding Amateur operator high performance standards without the compromising limitations found in other similar multi-band, multi-mode transceiver. The TS-2000 is serious about digital signal processing. KENWOOD's advanced digital technology converts analog waveforms into digital data in real-time, enabling such digital processing as IF filtering, slope tune, auto notch and AGC. IF-stage DSP on main-band transmit and receive - including VHF and UHF bands - allows the greatest range of control and unprecedented performance. The TS-2000 offers 100 watts on HF, 6 meters and 2 meters, 50 watts on 70cm.
- High performance true IF/stage DSP on main band. AF stage DSP on sub-band.
- Digital filtering. (No more expensive options to buy)
- Satellite ready, with transverter frequency display.
- Wide band receive.
- Dual receive, (HF & 2m or 70cm) (2m & 2m) (70cm & 70cm)
- Cross band repeat.
- 100 watts output on HF, 6 and 2 meters. 50 watts output on 70cm
- Built-in a Auto Tuner HF through 6 meters
- Built-in TNC for KSS/DX PACKET CLUSTER TUNE
- Built-in RS-232 for computer control
- Built-in TCXO (.5PPM)
- CTCSS & DCS encode/decode
- Electronic memory keyer World
- 5+1 Antenna ports. (2 for HF & 6m, 1 for 2m, 1 for 70cm, 1 for 1.2 GHz option & 1 for and HF receive antenna)
- IF-stage DSP means that the TS-2000 offers significantly lower distortion and higher quality detection in all modes.(FM: digital AF filter)
- There is absolutely no need to purchase optional filters: digital IF filters are available for each mode (FM: digital AF filter), offering performance superior to anything possible with analog circuitry. When operating in SSB/FM/AM modes, this digital filtering enables both high-and low-cut frequency variance. Employing slope tune, you can thus cut out noise with minimal effect on sound quality. In AM mode, the high-cut frequency can reduce interference by controlling the IF pass bandwidth - useful for receiving shortwave broadcasts. In CW mode, the WIDTH function is supplemented by center frequency shirt, allowing adjacent signal interference to be tuned out. The WIDTH function also provides noise reduction caoabilities in FSK with 4 steps available: 250,500,1000 and 1500Hz. And thanks to AF-stage DSP, independent control of high-cut and low-cut frequencies(12 steps each) provides slope tune capability in FM as well.
IF Auto Notch
- Since it is working with a digital signal, IF Auto North (main band, SSB mode) can provideextremely sharp filterring of carrier frequencies from broadcast and continuous beat sources. The interfering beat is removed far more accurately than in conventional analog systems, and Auto Notch will even track changes in the beat signal (tracking speed can be varied in 5 steps).
- The digital AGC circuit (main band only) delivers very fast release characteristics, surpassing even the best analog designs. You can select a custom release time (20 steps) for each mode, except FM.
AF Digital Signal Processing
- DSP is also executed at the AF stage, offering Beat Cancel and CW Auto Tune functions. It also enables you to achieve remarkable noise reduction and apply custom enhancements to your transmitted voice.
- Automatic Beat Cancel, available for the main band (SSB and AM modes), immediately eliminates multiple beats interfering with a desired signal. It works well in combination with IF Auto-Notch (SSB).
Manual Beat Cancel
- A new Manual Beat Cancel function, which operates as a manual AF notch, can be used in all modes - though it is particularly effective in CW.
CW Auto Tune
- You no longer have to adjust the VFO while operating on CW - CW Auto Tune does it for you automatically by adjusting the VFO to your preset pitch at the touch of a button.
- There are 2 types of noise reduction: LEM (NR1) and SPAC (NR2). LEM (Line Enhancer Method) - available for all modes on the main band and FM/AM on the sub band - automatically forms a filter shape around the target signal for a custom, dynamic noise reduction capability. The degree of enhancement can also be set manually for mainband use. The SPAC (Speech Processing/Auto Correlation) function utilizes a special statistical/ correlation algorithm to pull out weak signals that are buried deep in noise. Although available for all modes on the main band, it's especially useful for tough CW conditions. The correlation time setting can be adjusted in 10 steps between 2ms and 20ms.
TX Audio Shaping
- You have 3 ways to tailor audio quality with DSP: the TX/RX equalizer (SSB/FM/AM), TX filter bandwidth (SSB/AM), and speech processor (SSB/FM/AM). The TX/RX equalizer offers 4 frequency response settings on SSB, FM and AM: high boost for improved clarity, formant pass to minimize extraneous sounds, bass boost for stronger sound, and conventional mode for an 'analog' sound. On SSB and AM transmit you can choose between 6 TX filter bandwidth settings according to your microphone and operating requirements. The speech processor works across three bands (SSB, FM and AM) for high compression and minimal distortion.
DX Cluster (Packet Cluster)Tune
- DX cluster information received on the sub band is not just displayed on the LCD: it can also be used for instantly setting up the main band frequency to cluster information. Up to 10 items can be stored in memory.
Built-in 1200/9600bps TNC
- The simple 2-chip TNC is compliant with the AX.25 protocol for Sky Command and DX cluster tune.
- Provision of main and sub bands enables dual-channel watch. This all-mode multibander can simultaneously receive two frequencies, even on the same band, allowing such combinations as HF+V/UHF, VHF+VHF, UHF+UHF and VHF+UHF (the sub band is used exclusively for 144/440MHz reception on FM/AM). This means, for instance, that you can pick up local information on V/UHF while operating HF on the main band.
- Satellite operations are enhanced with the IF-DSP, 10 dedicated memory channels, Doppler effect frequency adjustment (manual) and the ability to choose either normal or reverse shift for the trace.
High-duty Transmitter Section
- This transceiver is the perfect choice for contesting, mobiling and FSK applications, delivering up to 100 (AM: 25) watts on HF/50/144MHz bands. Output is 50 (AM: 12.5) watts on the 440MHz band. But there's more than just power: the built-in TCXO ensures excellent frequency stability - ±0.5ppm (except in FM mode). *Minimum output is 5 watts for HF/50/144/440MHz bands.
- In addition to the new Auto Tune function, there is a full range of CW features. The full/semi break-in switching and delay time settings are fully adjustable. In semi break-in the delay time between key release and active receive mode can be set for between 50ms and 1000ms. When using VOX operation the delay time can be set for between 150ms and 3000ms. Other CW features include pitch control (400-1000Hz), side tone monitor with 10-step volume setting, DSP-based rise time adjustment, and CW reverse mode.
- When operating in FSK mode, you can select shift frequencies (170, 200, 425 and 850Hz) and switch both KEY polarity and Hi/Low tones to suit your RTTY device. Additionally, the FSK reverse function lets you match transmission methods to the other party if necessary, for example changing the BFO frequency from LSB (normal) to USB (reverse).
- As well as switchable Narrow/Wide deviation modes, the TS-2000 has built-in CTCSS functionality with 38 EIA-standard sub-tones settings plus 1750Hz tone burst. Other features include DCS (104 codes), both crossband and fixed-band repeater operation, and 1200MHz ALT.
Data Communication Features
- Packet filter bandwidth is fully selectable to match packet speed, and you can also switch ACC2 (PKD) input/output levels. For PSK31 mode, the menu offers a 100Hz bandwidth IF-DSP filter.
Automatic Antenna Tuner
- The built-in antenna tuner - which also operates when the radio is in receive mode - covers amateur bands from 1.9 to 50MHz, with rapid tuning lock when using presets.
300 Memory Channels
- This transceiver provides a bank of 300 memories (plus 1 call channel for each band), with 290 assignable by name and 10 available for programmable scan. The scroll function lets you browse memory contents, memory channel copy sends the contents of one channel to another, lock-out memory changes the scan map to exclude certain channels, and memory shift alters the frequency stored in a channel. In addition, there are 10 ‘quick’ memories to capture a current operation on-the-fly ― ideal for contest operation.
Multiple Scan Function
- A full range of scan functions is provided, including MHz scan, memory scan, and call scan. Group scan mode covers all 300 memory channels in groups of 10, and programmable band scan will search a frequency spread between two VFO settings (the scan-hold function stops the scanning for 5 seconds). A new feature is programmable slow scan, which will automatically slow down to check a frequency range you’re interested in. As well as varying scan speed, you can choose either time-operated (TO) or carrier-operated (CO) busy-stop-resume.
- All of the power and functions of the TS-2000 can be accessed through the menu-driven display interface on the front panel. You may also activate the Quick Menu feature to access only your most commonly-used functions.
- Large, amber-colored backlit LCD
- Backlit front keys
- Compatible with optional DRU-3A digital recording unit
- Key operation announcement with optional VS-3 voice synthesizer (option)
- Programmable function keys
- Transverter (displays up to 19.99999GHz)
- RF gain control
- All-mode squelch
- Simple visual scan
- Auto simplex checker
- Auto repeater offset (144/1200MHz)
- DTMF remote control
- Built-in keyer
- Noise blanker
- Auto power-off
Kenwood TS-2000 Transceiver
MC-43S Hand Mic
DC Power Cable
Owners Manual & WarrantyCard