Regular Price: $1169.95
$100.00 Instant Rebate (Exp. 01-31-2020)
Yaesu FT-991A HF/50/140/430MHz All-Mode “Field Gear” Transceiver - Includes 3 Year Manufactures Warranty!
The Yaesu FT-991A is the successor to the extremely popular FT-991. The FT-991A is an all mode, all band MF/HF/VHF/UHF transceiver that includes C4FM (System Fusion) Digital Capability. The FT-991A operates on CW, AM, FM, SSB, and supports digital modes (Packet, PSK31, RTTY and C4FM). The FT991A provides 100 Watts of output power on HF and 50 Watts on VHF/UHF while pulling a maximum of 23A at 100W. The FT-991A includes a new dynamic real-time spectrum scope that gives radio operators the ability to graphically view the location of signals on the band and can be easily seen on the 3.5inch multi-color waterfall display. The 3.5 inch full color TFT touchscreen display provides superior operability and visibility for the new spectrum scope feature. A state of the art 32-bit digital signal processing system, internal automatic tuner, high accuracy TXCO and 3kHz roofing filter are included in the FT991A. The Yaesu FT991A is compact, lightweight and portable, weighing in at just 9.7lbs. In the box with the FT-991A, you'll find a MH-31A8J hand microphone, DC Power Cord, 25A Spare Fuse and a Operating Manual / Warranty Card. The Yaesu FT-991A has a 3 year warranty. Be sure to get your Yaesu FT-991A from GigaParts today!
**Note: MARS/CAP modification on this radio will only affect HF frequencies. VHF/UHF will NOT be expanded. There is no modification to expand the VHF/UHF bands on the FT-991A.**
The FT-991A is the next-generation of the widely popular FT-991. Like its predecessor, the FT-991A is creatively designed to fit into a very compact W9.0” xH3.2” x D9.3”) rugged case and will deliver up to 100 Watts solid output power (50 Watts on 140/430MHz) on SSB, CW, AM, FM, Packet and C4FM Digital on the popular HF/50/140/430MHz bands.
In keeping with the spirit of the rich performance of the FT-991, the new FT-991A provides two new stimulating and useful advanced features - a Real-time Spectrum Scope and a Multi-Color Waterfall Display.
The new dynamic real-time spectrum scope gives radio operators the ability to graphically view the location of signals on the band while they listen to the received audio allowing them to quickly move to the desired signal. The strength of signals on the band can readily be seen on the Multi-color waterfall display. Chronological order color differentiation allows operators to easily recognize weak signals at a glance; signals that might otherwise be missed on the spectrum scope.
These additional exciting functions enable more efficient and satisfying operating time while making important contacts on the crowded HF and 6 meter bands. We believe that the new FT-991A will be widely accepted as an ideal field gear rig by the majority of the ham radio operators who want to enjoy reliable and flawless communication on all the HF and V/UHF bands with just one radio.
The new FT-991A naturally contains all the features packed into the original version of the FT-991 including a 3kHz roofing filter for the triple conversion receiver that effectively attenuates interfering signals and enables outstanding performance while still producing high quality audio. The 32bit high speed floating point DSP provides effective cancellation and reduction (DNR) of random noise, and the Auto Notch (DNF) automatically eliminates QRM caused by dominant beat tones while the receiver’s Contour function and APF (Audio Peak Filter) can be used to further reduce undesired noise. A built-in 3.5inch full-color touch screen high resolution display allows stress-free operability and visibility.
- Dynamic Real-Time Spectrum Scope *NEW!
- Multi-Color Waterfall Display *NEW!
- 160 Meters through 70 Centimeters - SSB/CW/FM/C4FM Digital/AM
- 100 Watts (2 Meter / 70 Centimeter: 50 Watts) of Solid Output Power Performance
- 3.5 inch TFT Full-Color Touch Panel Operation for Superior Operability and Visibility
- Advanced Functions such as High-Quality Audio Transmission, AMS, and Group Monitor utilizing C4FM Digital*
- Triple Conversion Circuit (SSB/CW/AM) /Double Conversion (FM/C4FM) Configuration, 1st IF is set at 69.450 MHz
- Roofing Filters 3 kHz and 15 kHz as standard equipment
- IF WIDTH and IF SHIFT providing great QRM Rejection
- CONTOUR, DNR, IF Notch and APF (Audio Peak Filter, CW only)
- 160 - 6 Meters High Speed Automatic Antenna Tuner included
- High Accuracy TCXO ±0.5 ppm
- Built-in Electronic Keyer
- CW Message Memory with Beacon Mode
- CW Pitch / Sidetone Control
- Automatic Repeater Shift
- USB Connector (CAT control, Audio interface, PTT/SHIFT control)
- Two Antenna Connectors (HF/50MHz, 144/430MHz)
- Optional FC-40 Automatic Antenna Tuner (for long wire antenna) is connectable
- Optional ATAS-120A Active Tuning Antenna is connectable
* Data FR mode (high speed data communication mode) is not supported, and transmission and reception of image data by C4FM digital is not possible
RX 30 kHz - 56 MHz, 118 MHz - 164 MHz, 420 MHz - 470 MHz (specified performance, amateur bands only)
TX 1.8 MHz - 54 MHz, 144 MHz - 148 MHz, 430 MHz - 450 MHz (amateur bands only)
Triple-Conversion Superheterodyne: SSB/CW/AM
Double-Conversion Superheterodyne: FM/C4FM
A1A(CW), A3E(AM), J3E(LSB, USB), F7W(C4FM), F3E(FM),F1D(PACKET), F2D(PACKET)
160- 6 Meters: 100 W
2 Meters/70 Centimeters: 50 W
160- 6 Meters: 25 W
2 Meters/70 Centimeters: 12.5W
Case Size(W x H x D):
9.0" x 3.2" x 9.3" (w/o knob and connector)
Weight: 9.5 lb
Warranty: 3 Years
Yaesu FT-991A Transceiver
Hand Microphone (MH-31A8J)
DC Power Cord
Spare Fuse (25A)