MFJ SWR Antenna Analyzer 100KHz-230MHz and 2200 Meter band MFJ-259D
MFJ-259D SWR Antenna Analyzer
The MFJ-259D is a portable and battery-powered tool used for analyzing RF impedance. It has four basic circuits that make it easy to measure a wide variety of antenna or impedance measurements. The tool is primarily designed for analyzing 50 ohm antenna and transmission line systems, but it can also measure RF impedances between a few ohms and several hundred ohms. Additionally, it can function as a signal source and frequency counter.
The accuracy of the tool is enhanced by using special microwave zero-bias Schottky detectors with matching compensating diodes, providing the best possible linearity with both high and low impedance loads. The A/D converter's 0.5 percent resolution is the primary limitation. The new "D" version of the tool has two frequency-range knobs that allow for lower-frequency coverage of 137 kHz, 472-479 kHz, and 160 through 1.25 meter antennas, including MW (AM broadcast) and shortwave frequencies. The extended coverage for the new 630 and 2200 meter bands makes the MFJ-259D even more versatile and essential for any RF impedance analysis needs.
Purchase your MFJ-259D SWR Antenna Analyzer from GigaParts today.
Super easy to use! Set the band switch and tune -- just like your transceiver. SWR, Complex antenna Impedance and frequency are all instantly displayed simultaneously!
Gives you complete picture of your antenna Read SWR, return loss and reflection coefficient at any frequency all at once. Read Complex Impedance as
series resistance and reactance (R+jX) or as magnitude (Z) and phase(degrees). Determine velocity factor, coax cable loss in dB, length of coax
and distance to a short or open in feet. Measure inductance in uH and capacitance pF at actual operating frequencies.
All-in-one ham radio test set Includes frequency counter, RF Generator, SWR Analyzer TM, RF Resistance and Reactance Analyzer, Coax Analyzer, Capacitance/Inductance Meter... and more! Large easy-to-read two-line LCD
screen and side-by-side meters clearly display your information
Here’s what you can do . . .
- Find your antenna’s true resonant frequency. Trim dipoles, verticals for lowest SWR at your favorite frequency.
- Adjust your Yagi, quad, loop and other antennas, change antenna spacing and height. Watch SWR, resistance and reactance change instantly. You’ll know exactly what to do by simply watching the displays.
- Perfectly tune critical HF mobile antennas in seconds for super DX -- without subjecting your rig to high SWR
- Measure your antenna’s 2:1 SWR bandwidth and analyze multiband performance! Check SWR outside ham bands without transmitting and violating FCC rules. Adjust your antenna tuner or a perfect 1:1 without creating QRM.
- Take the guesswork out of building and adjusting matching networks and baluns and antennas. Accurately measure distance-to- short or open in failed coax. Measure coax length in feet, loss in dB, velocity factor and impedance. Measure inductance, capacitance. Troubleshoot resonant frequency, Q of traps, stubs, transmission lines, RF chokes, tuned circuits and baluns.
Built-in Ni-MH/Ni-CD charger circuit, battery saver, low battery warning and smooth reduction drive tuning.
Use 10 AA or Ni-MH batteries (not included) or 110-240 VAC with optional
29b MFJ-259b MFJ-2hael Brigmond MFJ Br
|Manufacturer's Part Number:
|MFJ 259D 280 kHz - 230 MHz plus 2200 Meter Antenna SWR Analyzers
|Antenna Analyzer Frequency Range:
|RF Connector Type:
|UHF female, SO-239
|Band Selection Control:
|Frequency Control Style:
|Internal Battery Operation:
|Ten AA batteries
|External Power Input Voltage:
|12 Vdc MFJ-1312D.