The Yaesu FT-450D is now covered by a 3 year manufacturer warranty!
The FT-450D is a compact yet superb HF/50MHz radio with state-of-the-art IF DSP technology configured to provide World Class performance in an easy to operate package. New licensees, casual operators, DX chasers, contesters, portable / field enthusiasts, and emergency service providers…This Radio is for YOU !
The current "FT 450D" model includes some great features not offered with the original FT 450 and FT 450AT models that have been discontinued.
- Illuminated Key Buttons
- 300Hz / 500Hz / 2.4 kHz CW IF Filter
- Front Feet Stand
- Classically Designed Main Dial and Knobs
- Dynamic Microphone MH-31A8J Included
Compact Size & Lightweight
- The FT-450D comes - complete with an Automatic Antenna Tuner - is a compact 9”W x 3.3”H x 8.5”D (w/o knobs) weighing only 8.8 pounds. This lightweight package is designed to be used as a desktop radio at home or in portable applications. The FT-450D can also be used mobile with the MMB-90 convenient mobile bracket accessory. Besides home or mobile operation, this easy to pack radio is a DXpeditioner or Emergency Service Provider dream come true - compact, lightweight, high performance receiver, and 100 watts output on 160 through 6 meters Amateur Radio bands.
100 Watts RF Ouput 160 - 6 Meters
- Enjoy a cool 100 watts RF output on all HF bands 160-10 meters plus the 6 meter band. The rugged FT 450D aluminum die-cast chassis with its quiet, thermostatically controlled cooling fan provides a solid foundation for the power amplifier during long hours of field or home use...including the challenges of contesting.
- The FT-450D can be powered by any convenient 13.8 VDC 22 amp external power source.
Large Easy-to-Read LCD Display
- You will love the FT-450D 9-segment Black-Nega type LCD frequency display with Larger-Than-Normal easy to read characters.
Illuminated Key Buttons
- Ease of operation enhanced through the use of easy-to-find illuminated front panel buttons.
Classically Designed Main Dial & Knobs
- The FT 450D is equipped with classically designed Main Dial and Knobs giving it the desirable "Big Radio" feel.
400 MHz built-in IF DSP
- Fast and robust IF DSP processing!
IF Roofing Filter
- The FT-450D includes a 10 kHz bandwidth Roofing Filter in the 67.899 MHz 1st IF, right after the 1st Mixer. This filter provides narrow-band selectivity to protect the following IF and DSP stages – a feature rarely found in rigs in this price range!
IF Shift & Width
- The FT-450D IF Width and IF Shift features are the primary tools you will use for best interference reduction.
- After narrowing the bandwidth (Width) and/or adjusting the center of the passband (Shift), the Contour control (see details of this feature below) may also yield additional signal-enhancement benefits on the net residual bandwidth. What’s more, the IF Notch Filter (see details of this feature below) may also be utilized in conjunction with the three other filter systems to significant advantage.
- The IF WIDTH tuning system allows you to vary the width of the DSP IF passband to eliminate interference. Moreover, the bandwidth may actually be expanded from its default setting, should you wish to enhance incoming signal fidelity when interference on the band is low. The IF WIDTH is varied in steps: SSB - 1.8/2.4/3.0 kHz. AM - 3.0/6.0/9.0 kHz. FM - 2.5/5.0. CW - 0.5/1.8/2.4 kHz. kHz.
- The IF SHIFT tuning system allows you to vary the DSP filter passband higher or lower, without changing the pitch of the incoming Signal to reduce or eliminate interference. Because the carrier tuning frequency is not varied, there is no need to re-tune the operating frequency when eliminating the interference. The total passband tuning range for the IF Shift system is ±1 kHz. Rotate the [SHIFT] knob to the left or right to reduce the interference. You may observe the position of the passband in the “SHIFT” indicator of the DSP Graphic Display portion of the LCD front panel main display.
- The Contour filtering system provides a gentle shaping of the IF filter pass band to suppress or enhance particular frequency components, thus improving the sound and/or readability of a received signal. The DSP Contour filter is a unique capability of the receiver, providing either Nulling or Peaking of tunable segments of the receiver passband to suppress interference or excessive frequency components on an incoming signal, or to peak those tunable frequency segments. The amount of Nulling / Peaking and the bandwidth over which it is applied are adjustable via the Menu. The peak position of the contour filter is graphically depicted in the “CONTOUR” indicator of the DSP Graphic Display portion of the LCD front panel main display. SPECIAL FILTERING NOTE: The steep slopes of the DSP filtering can, when adjusted aggressively, impart an unnatural sound to an incoming signal. Often, a narrow bandwidth is not the key to improving copy. The incoming signal itself may have undesirable or excessive frequency components. By judicious use of the Contour filter, the “shoulder” of the passband response may be altered, or components removed from within the passband, allowing the desired signal to rise above the background noise and interference in a manner not obtainable with other filtering systems.
- The IF Notch filter is a highly effective system that allows you to slice out an interfering beat note or other carrier signal from inside the receiver passband. You may observe the graphically depicted peak position of the IF Notch filter in the “NOTCH” indicator of the DSP Graphic Display portion of the LCD front panel main display.
DNR - Digital Noise Reduction
- The Digital Noise Reduction (DNR) feature utilizes eleven (11) different mathematical algorithms to analyze and suppress different noise profiles encountered on the HF/50 MHz bands. You get to choose the selection that provides the best noise suppression. The DSP’s Digital Noise Reduction (DNR) system is designed to reduce the level of random noise found on the HF and 50 MHz bands. It is especially effective during SSB operation. Any of eleven different noise-reduction algorithms can be selected. Each of these algorithms was created for dealing with a different noise profile. You will want to experiment with the DNR system to find the best setting according to the noise currently being experienced that concurrently will allow the signal to rise up out of the noise.
Manual Notch Filter
- The FT-450D Manual Notch Filter is a highly-effective system that slices out an interfering beat tone/signal
- Lots of receiver frequency verstility provided by an easy to engage Clarifier
IPO/ 20 dB ATT Built-in
- The FT 450D includes all the gain you will need all the way up to 50MHz. For lower HF bands where too much gain can lead to receiver issues, you can easily adjust the gain from the front panel.
TX Watch Monitor
- When in split frequency mode, depressing the TXW button lets you listen to the frequency you have selected for transmitting.
Digital Voice Recorder
- Record and playback up to 20 seconds of audio!
Digital Microphone Equalizer
- Custom set your rig to match your voice characteristics for maximum power punch on the band.
- The FT 450D comes packed with all the CW operating features one could ever ask for!
- Narrow CW IF Filters
- Terrific CW selectivity provided by 300Hz, 500Hz, and 2.4kHz CW IF Filters. Nothing to buy!
- Built-In Electronic Keyer
- The Built-In Electronic Keyer speed is adjustable from 4 to 60 WPM. You will also be able to select your favorite CW weight - Dot-Dash Ratio.
- Spotting (Zero-Beating)
- The FT 450D Spotting feature will help you get right on frequency with the station you want to call.
- Memory Keyer
- Load up the 3 memory channels with information you repeated have to send.
- Sidetone Generator
- The CW sidetone volume and tone are menu adjustable to fit your favorite settings.
- Beacon Function
- The FT 450D CW Beacon allows up to 118 characters using the CW mMssage Keyer's 3 memories.
- CW Training Feature
- Random Morse code is generated for code practice via the built-in sidetone generator.
- A jack located on the back panel provides control circuitry for your high power linear amplifier.
- The FT 450D includes a TCXO for incredible frequency stability. No option to buy!
Dedicated Data Jack for FSK-RTTY operation
- The rear panel of the FT 450D has a jack dedicated to FSK-RTTY and digital mode operation....it could not be easier to get on the air with these modes!
CAT System (D-sub 9 pin): Computer programming
- The FT 450D CAT System allows uploading of factory provided firmware updates as well as computer control of the radio.
Versatile Memory System
- Up to 500 memory channels can be set and separated into as many as 12 Memory Groups.
My Band / My Mode Functions
- Use the FT 450D My Band / My Mode functions to recall your favorite operating environments
- The FT 450D includes a number of very useful and versitile Scan function settings.
CTCSS Operation (FM)
- We did not forget to include CTCSS operator for 10 and 6 meter FM operation.
Important Feature For Visual Impaired Operators
- The FT 450D provides Digital Voice Announcement - Select Frequency, Mode, Meter Reading
Yaesu FT-450D Transceiver
MH-31A8J Hand Mic and mic clip
DC Power Cable
Owners Manual & Warranty Card